Human growth hormone is one of the most important hormones secreted naturally in the body. This protein-based hormone is extremely vital for the normal physical and mental development in children. In adults, however, it is important for boosting energy, sustaining muscle tone and strength, stabilizing mood and for maintaining normal metabolism. This hormone is secreted by the anterior pituitary gland in a pulsatile manner and its peak secretion is seen during the growing stages of an individual.
By 30 years of age, its secretion starts declining naturally and though there are ways you can increase the secretion of HGH, the results are generally short-lived. It, therefore, comes as no surprise that HGH supplements have been doing the market rounds to improve the quality of life and even promote longevity. Remember, HGH supplements have been used in the past in children suffering from naturally-occurring HGH deficiency with conclusive and positive results.
Human Growth Hormone and Its Effects on Men and Women
Since HGH is pro-development, just mentioning the HGH supplements brings an image of well-muscled men, showing off their bodies! Did you know an interesting thing about HGH? Unlike men, women secrete higher levels of HGH during puberty and adolescence. However, just like men, this secretion gradually drops down as women enter their 30’s!
This does not mean that the secretion stops altogether. The pituitary gland still secretes enough HGH to sustain your body’s daily functions. Here is a basic outline of the functions of HGH in our bodies.
- It sustains muscle tone and improves endurance.
- It increases protein synthesis in the body, stimulates lipolysis and reduces liver uptake of glucose.
- It enhances formation of new glucose within the body, a process known as gluconeogenesis.
- It supports pancreas and is also involved in controlling the secretion of pancreatic hormones.
- It strengthens the immune system and improves bone density.
- It improves skin tone and elasticity.
- In women, it is especially important in preventing vaginal dryness.
HGH Supplements and How They Affect Women
Now that we know how HGH affects our bodies, we can concur how its natural decline can adversely affect our body’s normal functions. Though HGH supplements have been used in children to treat naturally-occurring HGH deficiencies, they have become quite popular amongst adults as well. There may be a few risks but generally, the benefits outweigh the risks! Here are a few benefits of using HGH supplements in women. Crazy Bulk
- HGH supplements ae known to enhance muscle strength. Although there are limited studies to support this claim, a study has revealed that HGH supplements enhance hand and leg strength in older women.
- HGH supplements are known to reduce the bad cholesterol and total cholesterol levels in our bodies. As we age, the natural decline of HGH secretion leads to arterial plaque buildup which, in turn, is associated with an increase in cardiovascular diseases. HGH supplements prevent the plaque buildup and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases!
- As mentioned earlier, HGH improves skin tone and elasticity. For women, the worse part of aging is losing the skin’s youthful elasticity, tone and subsequent appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. HGH supplements stimulate elastin and collagen production and help restore your youthful skin! HGH supplements are also known to regrow and restore your shiny and luscious hair!
- HGH supplements are known to improve memory, moods and concentration, thus ensuring emotional well-being as we age!
HGH Supplements and How They Affect Men
HGH is just as important for men, as it is for women. As mentioned earlier, it helps improve muscle strength, physical endurance, keeps sugar levels in check, helps in maintaining lean body mass, enhances libido and energy levels and most of all, improves mental alertness. Just like women, there is a natural decline in HGH secretion and it is at this point that HGH supplements work their magic! Let’s look at some of the benefits HGH supplements in men.
- HGH supplements improve overall cardiac and lung functions, thereby improving the supply and availability of oxygenated blood to the various parts of the body. This improves energy levels and physical endurance.
- HGH supplements enhance bone mineralization and strength. Besides their effects on bone density, HGH supplements also work on strengthening the tendons and ligaments, reducing the incidence of exercise and sports-related injuries!
- HGH supplements are known to promote an increase in testosterone levels, which helps in restoring sexual functions and improving libido.
- HGH supplements are known to increase muscle mass and strength and most importantly, they help in accelerating body’s fat loss while maintaining lean mass.
- HGH supplements are known to improve the quality of sleep. Reports have shown that men, who take HGH supplements, have a deeper and more restful sleep as compared to their counterparts.
HGH Supplements are Beneficial as We Age and They Come with Their Share of Risks, However, The Benefits Outweigh The Risks!